Canadian 2.4mR Class President
The 2020 Annual General Meeting was held as a virtual meeting on October 15, 2020. Turnout was high, with more than 60% of the class members in attendance. The following are highlights of the meeting:
- Reports from the various regions indicated than despite the COVID 19 pandemic, there was 2.4mR sailing activity in the regions of Canada where the boat is popular. Some members reported boats being stuck in the United States due to the closing of the border between the two countries.
- Class Membership increased to 32 members in 2020. The class membership year is April 1 to March 31 of the following year.
- Financially the class had a small surplus in 2020 of $ 179.50
- Annual Dues were set for 2020. Dues will be $ 40.00 for Full Members and $ 20.00 for Associate members.
- There was a frank discussion of the activities of the Executive Committee of the International 2.4mR Class Association.
- The 2021 Canadian 2.4mR Championship Regatta was awarded to the Royal Victoria Yacht Club and will be held September 10 – 12, 2021
- The schedule for the 2021 CAN AM Winter Series was announced. The first week of races will be January 25 – 30 with the second series to be held Feb 20 – 21. The final series will be held March 29 – April 3rd. All events will be hosted by Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club.
- It was agreed to host a scheduling Zoom meeting in January 2021 to co-ordinate the race schedules of the various fleets.
- The election of class officers for 2021 was by acclamation. Peter Wood of Ottawa was reappointed President, Brian Robinson of Victoria was appointed as Secretary, Bruce Millar of Victoria was reappointed as National Measurer, and Aaron Wong-Sing of Ottawa was reappointed as Webmaster. Retiring Secretary Audrey Kobayashi of Kingston was thanked for her service to the class.
- Looking into the future, the Class has agreed to hold future Annual General Meetings as virtual videoconference meetings